With a population of more than 140,000 and an area of over 145 square miles Abbotsford is both the largest city in British Columbia area-wise as well as having the largest population of any municipality in the province outside of Vancouver. It’s a sprawling place extending all the way from Langley in the west to Chilliwack in the east and its southern boundary runs for many miles along the Canada/US border. During the 1990s the number of people relocating to Abbotsford went through the roof and the city’s population ballooned from less than 20,000 in 1991 to more than 100,000 by 1996. The pace of development caught many off guard and trucks belonging to outside moving companies on Abbotsford streets were a common sight. In the past 20 years things have settled down a bit but the city remains a popular destination for those seeking a better life.
Abbotsford has shifted away from being a strictly agricultural community to being one with an aggressively developed centre that has a life of its own and is surrounded by farmland that the new residents have little interaction with, other than to drive through. Nearly all of the city’s development has occurred north of the Trans-Canada Highway and spreads roughly from Mount Lehman road in the west to the Ledgeview Country Club on McKee Road in the East. The terrain throughout much of Abbotsford is more or less level which is why it continues to be a productive agricultural community. All this level ground makes things easy on moving companies in Abbotsford too. At least until you get to the eastern edge of the development area, where things start to get a bit hilly.
- Guaranteed rates no matter what
- No minimum payments
- Absolutely no hidden fees
- No extra charges
- No fuel surcharges
- No stairs surcharges
Need more hands for your move? An extra set of hands is only $35/hr
The city’s economy is recognized by the federal government as being one of the most diverse in the nation. It has a sizeable industrial zone that extends along the railroad line all the way from the Canada/US border up to and past the Trans-Canada Highway. And the city’s commercial centre is one of the largest in BC outside the immediate Vancouver metro area. As a result both residential and commercial movers in Abbotsford find plenty to do.
Typical House/Apartment Moves
- A typical moving estimate for apartments. These are small moves, which don't last too long.
- A typical moving estimate for small houses and apartments.
- A typical moving estimate for medium sized houses and large apartments.
Typical Office Moves
- A typical moving estimate for a small sized office. These are small moves, which don't last too long.
- A typical moving estimate for a medium sized office. These moves tend to take an afternoon.
- A typical moving estimate for a large sized office. These moves larger moves and can last a day.