New Westminster was founded by Major-General Richard Moody in 1858 and served for many years as the capital of the Colony of British Columbia. For the first 50-60 years of its existence it was the most populous city in BC as well. Because of its long history many of the neighbourhoods of New Westminster have a character that’s missing in some of the new developments that have sprung up in greater Vancouver in recent decades. There are a number of streets with large shade giving trees and many homes that are 50, 60 or 70 years old and more. Because of its long established nature the number of people moving to New Westminster during the boom years of the late 20th century was not as great as in other nearby cities. Still the population has steadily increased and today stands at more than 70,000.
New Westminster has a thriving business and commercial zone concentrated around the area of 6th and 6th (6th Avenue and 6th Street). Business movers in New Westminster often find themselves in this area where their job can be difficult if the client does not have a readily accessible loading dock or private parking lot. 10th Street features a number of mid-sized apartment block in an area that is actually hillier than it appears at first, while high rises residences dot the landscape along the riverside and keep moving companies in New Westminster busy year round. The western neighbourhood of Queensborough on Lulu Island features some of the last undeveloped parcels this close to Vancouver and the laid back atmosphere there makes the job of New Westminster residential movers a relative snap.
- Guaranteed rates no matter what
- No minimum payments
- Absolutely no hidden fees
- No extra charges
- No fuel surcharges
- No stairs surcharges
Need more hands for your move? An extra set of hands is only $35/hr
The economy of New Westminster is historically one of the most versatile and adaptive in the province. Over the years it has shifted from a reliance on primary resources such as timber, to manufacturing, then to retail and business services and recently to a focus on high tech and fibre optic technology. As such the job of commercial moving companies in New Westminster has changed as well with new areas of expertise required for each different type of economic activity.
Typical House/Apartment Moves
- A typical moving estimate for apartments. These are small moves, which don't last too long.
- A typical moving estimate for small houses and apartments.
- A typical moving estimate for medium sized houses and large apartments.
Typical Office Moves
- A typical moving estimate for a small sized office. These are small moves, which don't last too long.
- A typical moving estimate for a medium sized office. These moves tend to take an afternoon.
- A typical moving estimate for a large sized office. These moves larger moves and can last a day.