Ladner occupies the south bank of the south fork of the Fraser River south of Richmond. Ladner was settled about 150 years ago by the Ladner brothers who had migrated from the UK to join the California gold rush. When they failed to find their fortune in the Golden State they moved north in search of other opportunities and decided to pursue fishing in what is today the town that bears their name. Ladner remained a sleepy fishing and agricultural village until the 1990s when the number of people relocating to Ladner began to spike. Most of those relocations were driven by the fact that places like Richmond were nearing their development capacity.
As a result Ladner has something of a split personality with vast areas of farmland to the south, east and west and several square kilometres worth of upscale detached homes in the north along the banks of the Fraser. Ladner’s commercial centre (such as it is) is clustered into a roughly triangular area several blocks long on each side and bordered by Chisholm Street, 48 Avenue and Elliot Street. The fact that Ladner is essentially a bedroom community means that moving companies in Ladner handle very few business moves. Those residential movers in Ladner find a city that is very agreeable to their profession. There is little by way of serious parking regulation in the neighbourhoods and in the commercial centre nearly every business has either a dedicated or shared parking lot out back.
- Guaranteed rates no matter what
- No minimum payments
- Absolutely no hidden fees
- No extra charges
- No fuel surcharges
- No stairs surcharges
Need more hands for your move? An extra set of hands is only $35/hr
The terrain in Ladner is rigidly horizontal which is one reason agriculture continues to thrive here. And that level terrain combined with the wide, well maintained streets and lack of parking regulation are 3 good reasons moving companies in Ladner have little to complain about. Ladner Village along and between 48 Ave and Delta Street is the historic and traditional centre of town and one of the few places moving companies in Ladner will encounter any type of resistance from parking regulations (3 hour limit during the day). But even in that case most establishments will have parking, or at least off street access, around back as we mentioned.
Typical House/Apartment Moves
- A typical moving estimate for apartments. These are small moves, which don't last too long.
- A typical moving estimate for small houses and apartments.
- A typical moving estimate for medium sized houses and large apartments.
Typical Office Moves
- A typical moving estimate for a small sized office. These are small moves, which don't last too long.
- A typical moving estimate for a medium sized office. These moves tend to take an afternoon.
- A typical moving estimate for a large sized office. These moves larger moves and can last a day.